Enforcement of Alimony, Child Support & Custody

Enforcement of the family court’s orders in Florida involves addressing the non-compliant party’s noncompliance through a legal process. There are multiple ways an individual might fail to comply with a family court order, including failing to pay court-ordered alimony and child support, failing to comply with the court’s visitation and time-sharing orders, and others. To enforce the court’s orders, you can file a motion for civil contempt with the family court that issued the initial order. The attorneys at PurLaw can help you file the appropriate motion and explain how the other party has violated the order.

Enforcing Alimony and Child Support Orders

If your ex-spouse has failed to pay alimony and/or child support, the court can issue the following types of sanctions to secure compliance:

  • Warrants for arrest
  • Liens
  • Bank levies
  • Wage garnishments
  • Seizure of assets
  • Interception of tax refunds
  • Driver’s license suspension
  • Professional license suspension

Enforcement is a remedy to ensure that people who are ordered to pay child support or alimony follow through with their obligations.

Falling Behind on Payments

If you have fallen behind on your alimony or child support payments, the court will likely give you a chance to bring them current. However, if you fail to bring your payments current, you could face serious repercussions as listed above. If you are found in contempt of court, you could face time in jail and other sanctions. It is best to address the issues affecting your ability to pay by filing a motion to modify the orders rather than falling behind. The attorneys at PurLaw can help clients pursue enforcement actions or file motions to modify when their financial circumstances have substantially changed.

Enforcement of Parenting Plans

Denying court-ordered time-sharing affects both the parent and the child. The attorneys at PurLaw can help with all of the following types of parenting plan enforcement matters:

  • Denials of time-sharing rights
  • Refusals to participate in time-sharing
  • Relocations with the child without the other parent’s consent or the court’s approval

Our attorneys are experienced at handling these and other similar situations and can advocate for your rights in court.

Contact an Experienced Lawyer at PurLaw

If you need to enforce the family court’s orders or have fallen behind on your child support or alimony payments, you should reach out to the attorneys at PurLaw. We represent people throughout South Florida and can help you protect your rights. Call us today to schedule a consultation.

Or call +1 (941) 320-5544 to protect your future and start your path to happiness.
gavel, auction, law-2492011.jpg